Plenty of activity onsite with progress marching towards the lock-up stage. Some wet weather during the week stopped cladding from commencing so we’re expecting that to start this coming Monday.
Progress for the week
- Bath installed
- Flashing applied to top of brickwork
- Eaves installed
- Cavity sliding door mechanism installed
- Frame squared up in preparation for plaster
- Metal rails fixed to ceiling in preparation for plaster
- Various cladding materials delivered to site, ready for installation next week
- More plumbing rough-in
- A couple of temporary doors installed
Nothing much new to show from the front.
Double cavity sliding doors in the office.
Eaves installed around the entire home.
View down the hallway to the temporary front door.
Cladding to be used on the second storey has been delivered to site.
Metal rails have been fixed to the ceiling throughout the entire house. Plaster sheets will be fixed to these after the electrical rough-in has been completed.
Flashing has been applied to the top of the brickwork. This will provide a weatherproof seal between the top of the brickwork and the cladding on the second storey.
A pack of spotted gum boards. These will be fixed to the front of the house where there is no brickwork (around the office).