The site supervisor had already carried out his own review and the painters and plasterers had performed a series of touch-ups in preparation for our walkthrough. Overall the review went well, the house looks great and we can’t wait to move in.
However, between us and the builder we identified further areas that require additional touch-ups. For the most part, nothing too serious, just a bit of additional gap filling, sanding and painting required. On the larger scale the WIR cabinets in the master bedroom didn’t match the dimensions on the plan so they’ll need to be replaced and the extreme weather over the past few days uncovered a leak in some of the flashing that introduced an unplanned water feature in Riley’s bedroom.
So, instead of a weeks worth of finishing it’ll probably be closer to 2 weeks. That includes the install of kitchen appliances and some of the electrical fittings. So close, but not yet.
Rather than share some photos of the almost finished house I thought I’d post some photos of our current temporary accommodation. It’s more beach shack that beach house but we know it’s a temporary stop-over before we move into our dream home.
Not long now…